Press briefings are generally held one or two days per week. Each briefing held during the month is posted here. The most recent appears at the top.
Special Update: Ohio Senate Bill 22
On March 10th the Ohio legislature passed Senate Bill 22 to limit the emergency powers of the Ohio governor and local health officials to issue orders during public health emergencies. As reported by the Columbus Dispatch, the bill includes these provisions:
- Any state of emergency order will expire after 90 days unless lawmakers voted to extend it in 60-day increments.
- Lawmakers can terminate an emergency after 30 days.
- Creates the Ohio Health Oversight and Advisory Committee with equal members from both chambers.
- Bans local boards of health from closing schools, issuing orders for specific types of businesses (i.e. shutting down gyms) or prohibiting public gatherings.
- Allows people to sue the state on the constitutionality of any order in their county of residence and pays their attorney fees if they win.
Governor DeWine vetoed the bill and the legislature has overridden the veto. This new law will take effect on June 24th. Governor DeWine was interviewed on March 25 by the Washington Post.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
The big news today is the pause ordered by the CDC halting use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021
Today’s video starts in progress, I think just briefly after it actually started. Among the subjects covered is 16 & 17 year olds who are now eligible, but are limited to the Pfizer vaccine and require parental permission. He also talks about COVID variants and a new resulting “getting back to basics” health order focused on masks, social distancing, etc. The details of the order are delineated by Stephanie McCloud, Director of the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
Thursday, April 1, 2021